Because I loved writing my gratitude list in July, I thought I would bring it back this month. If you don’t know what this is about, this is to help me take a step back and appreciate the little things in life. Our minds are often so clouded with busy schedules and negative thoughts that we don’t really take time to give some thought to what we’re grateful for.
After seeing a few bloggers sharing this type of lists on their blogs, I decided to make my own – any excuse to make a list!
August seems to have flown by. I celebrated my 24th birthday (which still feels very odd for me to say), reunited with my best friend and took a big decision when it comes to my future – more on that later. So here are a few things I’m grateful for in August.
Things I’m Grateful For In August
* Celebrating my 24th birthday earlier this month with my closest family at my favorite restaurant. I have to admit I don’t enjoy celebrating my birthday as much as I did when I was a kid but I still had a lovely day.
* Reflecting on the lessons I’ve learned along the way.
* Catching up with my best friend over food after not seeing each other for the longest time since we met.
* Being introduced to The Bold Type by my bestie. Now my teenage dream of working at a fashion magazine in New York has returned.
* Having a very meaningful chat with my parents about my future. It involved some tears but it was lovely to know that, no matter what, they always have my back.
* Going to a medieval fair earlier in the month and wearing a flower crown.
* Reaching some blogging goals. I try not to care too much about numbers but it’s always nice to see your blog grow.
* A trip to Ikea, which is always fun.
What are you grateful for in August?