Every once in a while I go through these weird phases where I feel unmotivated and disconnected from my blog. It seems like I’m going through one of those phases right now and I blame it on two nasty things: perfectionism and comparison.
I see all these amazing bloggers doing great and I start wondering if my content is as good. I start doubting the way I write or how I edit my pictures, and suddenly I wonder if I should be more like them. And that is a sucky feeling, let me tell ya. Also, I’ve been feeling like I have a million things to do which makes me feel pressured and overwhelmed which often leads to procrastination.
So I decided to stop pushing myself and take a little break. Turns out, it was exactly what I needed so here I am. I’m taking it easy so I thought I would write a 12 Things – copied this idea from Amber! – as a way to catch up on what’s been going on lately. I really miss this side of blogging sometimes, when you didn’t worry about SEO or creating helpful content. Back when blogging used to be something like an online diary, so I’m bringing it back today. Hope you enjoy!
1. I started my new job last week and it has been interesting to adjust to working from home after being unemployed for almost four months. My introvert self is loving every single bit but I do have to say it’s been challenging to stay focused and not get distracted every 10 minutes.
2. Working from the couch in front of the fireplace is one of the perks of working from home. As well as having YouTube videos playing in the background.
3. I’ve been craving a holiday so badly, lately. Preferably to somewhere warm to escape the cold Winter. Who wants to join me?
4. It’s so challenging to maintain friendships as an adult. I miss hanging out with my girlfriends more often and it’s sad to see some friendships drift apart. However, it’s also lovely to have people in your life that you only see every two months but it always feels like only a week went by when you’re finally together.
5. My laptop has been a bit crazy lately, always complaining about lack of space and I don’t really know what to do anymore since I already have all my files on an external hard drive. I know it’s because of programs such as Photoshop and Lightroom but I need them so deleting is not an option. What should I do?
6. I’ve been feeling so frustrated lately because there are so many things I want to start but for some reason
aka perfectionism, I don’t move forward. I keep saying “I will do it when…” and it never happens. How can I be upset that I don’t get the results if I don’t do the work?
7. I started watching The Crown last week and it is so good!
8. Also, I’ve been saving the last Gilmore Girls episode for about two weeks – can’t quite believe I already went through the seven seasons! But I have to admit that the penultimate episode was a bit disappointing and I was not expecting it at all. Anyway, I know there’s still the A Year In The Life mini-season so I’m curious to see what happened to Rory and Lorelai.
9. I’ve been thinking about getting back to yoga next month. I spend most of the day at home working from my dining table so I think yoga will be good for the mind and body, as well as a way to get me out of the house.
10. Watched Monte Carlo for the third time this Saturday. The first time I watched it was years ago with two of my very good friends before going to London together so it brings back good memories. It also made me dream of meeting an Australian guy in Paris and setting off to explore the world together ahah – you can tell my wanderlust levels are pretty high right now!
11. Got these boots from Zara. At first, I thought they looked a bit too badass for me but now I’ve been wearing them almost every day.
12. I’ve been loving having Imagine Dragons playing in the background while I work, it always gives me the motivation to get things done. Some of my favorites include Walking On Wire and Whatever It Takes.